Does your child have a love for music and a creative flair? Unlock your child’s creativity and musical potential with “We Create”, a songwriting and sound recording programme designed for children aged 8 to 15. Led by professional singer-songwriters, children have the opportunity to control the creative process, select instrumentals, and create their own lyrics and melodies. Our mentors will guide your child through the process of producing a fully recorded, mixed, mastered, and release-ready single or EP.
With our We Create programme, your child will gain confidence, develop teamworking skills through collaboration with other children, build technical skills in a fun and engaging way and most importantly, socialise and make new friends!
Our facilitators are trained in NSPCC Safeguarding and possess enhanced DBS checks, ensuring a safe and secure learning environment for all.
Enrol your child in We Create and give them the opportunity to express themselves through music in our free programme. Register your interest by clicking here to secure their place in the programme now!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS PROGRAMME?
- Interactive and engaging singing and songwriting lessons with experienced facilitators
- Collaborative songwriting with other children to build teamwork, communication and socialisation skills
- Chance to meet and make new friends who share their passion for music
- Talent exposure through music promotion to showcase their skills
- Exciting music-themed games and activities to keep children engaged and entertained throughout the programme
- Opportunities to perform in front of friends and family, boost confidence and live performance skills
- Further, live performance opportunities at various music events, providing them with invaluable, real-life, live performance experience
- End of programme celebration and certificate of completion from TC to mark their achievements and success.
IS THIS PROGRAMME RIGHT FOR YOUR CHILD?
The programme is perfect for children who are:
- Enthusiastic about music and songwriting
- Interested in making, writing, producing and releasing songs
- Keen to meet new friends and collaborate with them through music and songwriting
- Excited to participate in fun music games and activities
- Able to commit to the entire programme
- Aged 8 to 15 and residing with a parent, guardian, or family member who lives, works, or studies in Barking and Dagenham or the surrounding boroughs of East London
- Develop critical singing and songwriting skills, including melody, lyrics, and structure.
- Build teamwork, communication, and socialisation skills among young musicians.
- Foster new friendships with peers who share a passion for music.
- Showcase musical talents through music promotion to gain exposure.
- Build confidence and live performance skills through various opportunities, including performing in front of others and the ability to gain real-life, live performance experience, including opportunities to perform at events.
- Decrease the likelihood of learners engaging in antisocial behaviour in the future.
- Encourage a positive outlook on learning and personal growth to carry with them into later years.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS PROGRAMME COST?
Cost For Individuals
The We Create program is available to all young learners. Thanks to our generous sponsors, we are able to offer our programme free of charge to sponsored participants. If you would like your child to take part in the programme but are not eligible for a sponsored space, you can still opt to pay for it. The programme is available on a flexible basis, tailored to budgets without compromising on quality.
Cost For Organisations
For organisations with private learners, we offer flexible programmes that can be tailored to fit budgets while maintaining the high quality of our course content. Please do contact us to discuss your requirements and customise the course content to meet your specific needs.
WHY LEARN WITH TRUE CADENCE?
True Cadence was founded by a young person, for young people. Our team’s diverse backgrounds enable us to understand the unique challenges that young people face every day in the music industry. We co-design our programs with our learners, so we can create teachings and support that are relevant and tailored to their needs. We’re not just a group of people with an idea, we are lived-experience leaders and industry professionals who live and breathe music.
As creatives ourselves, we are passionate about learning and finding new ways to support our young people in all aspects of their music careers. Our various facilitators are relatable, approachable, and provide in-depth industry knowledge and activities in an engaging, relatable, and impactful way for our learners. We are proud to support our local community and the young talent within it, as we come from the same community as our beneficiaries.
HOW CAN I BOOK A FREE SLOT ON THIS PROGRAMME?
HEAR FROM OUR PAST PARTICIPANTS
“Thank you for helping me gain more confidence through the We Create course. I have really enjoyed myself and making new friends”– Daizy, 8.
“Thank you for helping me discover that I know how to rap”- Navida, 8
“I felt really good writing my own song. At first I was pretty nervous but now I’m pretty calm”. – Divine, 10
HEAR FROM THE PARENTS
“Great opportunity for children to make songs as well as learn how to sing and collaborate with their peers.”– Yuko
“My child came out of every session so happy and if she ever struggled one of the tutors always took the time out to help her and make it, so she was confident and comfortable and not feeling left out.” – Lauren
“True Cadence is sensitive, knowledgeable, patient, wonderful and a creative experience for kids to develop their talents.” – Mika.
“We Create is an amazing programme and seeing how the children went from a blank canvas to a beautiful song is an inspiration. True Cadence deserves all the recognition they get for their passion and dedication to developing young minds.” – Glory.
We Create Programme Trailer
CAN I DONATE TOWARDS THIS PROGRAMME?
Donating towards our programmes/activities will allow us to reach more young people and support them when they need it the most. Your support also means that we can provide additional learning, mentoring and employment opportunities so that our young people can continue their development outside of the funded activities.