MUSIC & MINDFULNESS
Have you ever noticed how your mood changes when you listen to music? Whether it’s the beat or the lyrics, the music in our headphones has the power to affect our emotions, and that’s why music can be an incredibly therapeutic tool. If you’re looking to tap into the therapeutic benefits of music, look no further than our “Music & Mindfulness” programme. Led by experienced Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered music therapists, this programme is designed to help participants explore and experience the healing power of sound and music. They’ll be provided with tools and techniques to develop their relationship with music and improve their overall wellbeing.
Through a series of interactive sessions, participants will learn how music and mindfulness techniques can be used to cope with trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns. Our Music Therapy programme can be tailored to meet the unique needs of each client, with sessions varying depending on the age group and the individual needs of our participants.
By the end of the programme, participants would have gained a deeper understanding of the powerful connection between music, emotions and mental health, and developed practical skills for using music to improve your own wellbeing in their day-to-day life. Whether they’re an aspiring musician, simply looking for new ways to manage stress and anxiety or already a music industry professional, the “Music & Mindfulness” programme is the perfect opportunity to discover and explore the transformative power of music.
- Mindful meditation, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques
- Creative and expressive songwriting techniques to explore emotions and personal experiences
- Fun games and interactive activities to promote engagement and learning
- Wellbeing and self-care tips to support mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Improvised music-making for emotional self-expression and exploration
- Tailored 1:1 well-being support with experienced music therapists
- End of programme celebration and TC Certificate to recognise your achievements and progress.
IS THIS PROGRAMME RIGHT FOR ME?
Our “Music & Mindfulness” programme is perfect for those who are:
- Enthusiastic about enhancing mindset and wellbeing through music
- Willing and able to fully participate in the program
- Between the ages of 12 and 25 (For each group of participants, M&M is tailored to be age-relatable)
- Living with parents or guardians who reside in Barking and Dagenham or the surrounding boroughs of East London.
At the end of the programme, participants shall be able to:
- Acquire higher mindfulness skills by learning various meditation, breathing, and relaxation techniques that can help reduce stress and anxiety.
- Explore emotions creatively and learn songwriting techniques to express personal experiences effectively.
- Acquire self-care tips and practices that can support mental and emotional well-being and foster a positive outlook on self-growth.
Courtesy of our sponsors, the Coast 2 Coast Masterclass is delivered free to everyone within the age bracket. However, those not qualified for funded spaces can pay. Kindly contact us for further details.
For organisations with private learners, we offer flexible programmes that can be tailored to fit budgets without compromising on quality of programme contents. Kindly contact us to discuss your requirements and customise the programme contents to meet your specific needs.
WHY TRUE CADENCE?
True Cadence was founded by a young person, for young people. Our team’s diverse backgrounds enable us to understand the unique challenges that young people face every day in the music industry. We co-design our programs with our learners, so we can create teachings and support that are relevant and tailored to their needs. We’re not just a group of people with an idea, we are lived-experience leaders and industry professionals who live and breathe music.
As creatives ourselves, we are passionate about learning and finding new ways to support our young people in all aspects of their music careers. Our various facilitators are relatable, approachable, and provide in-depth industry knowledge and activities in an engaging, relatable, and impactful way for our learners. We are proud to support our local community and the young talent within it, as we come from the same community as our beneficiaries.
HOW CAN I BOOK A FREE SLOT ON THIS PROGRAMME?
CAN I DONATE TOWARDS THIS PROGRAMME?
Donating towards our programmes/activities will allow us to reach more young people and support them when they need it the most. Your support also means that we can provide additional learning, mentoring and employment opportunities so that our young people can continue their development outside of the funded activities.