MUSIC INDUSTRY MASTERCLASS
Aspiring musicians, artists, songwriters and music industry professionals needed! Are you feeling like you’re just dreaming about a career in the music industry because you’re feeling unsure about how to make it a reality? Well, look no further. Introducing: The True Cadence Music Industry Masterclass – a programme designed specifically by industry experts for future industry experts!
You may have heard that the music industry is intensely competitive and that it can be really tough to succeed. With the right tools, knowledge, and guidance, you can break through the noise and stand out from the crowd. The True Cadence Music Industry Masterclass is designed to help you do just that – giving you the edge you need to succeed in the industry.
Whether you want to be a songwriter, an artist, or work behind the scenes, understanding the business side of the industry is crucial to your success. Our programme covers a wide range of topics, including career pathways, publishing, distribution, marketing, networking, intellectual property, monetisation, and more.
Our programme facilitators are either actively working in the music industry or teaching music management at a UK university, ensuring learners receive the most up-to-date and relevant information. Moreover, you’ll gain valuable work experience and enhance your onward employability skills by running your own creative project on a budget provided by us.
Sound good? The Music Industry Masterclass is a fantastic and accessible opportunity for local young people looking to upskill and explore new career pathways in the music industry. If you’re aged 16-25, living in East London, perhaps not in education, employment, or training, we strongly encourage you to apply for the programme or contact us to have a chat with us about it. Register your interest now by clicking here and take the first step towards upskilling, identifying new career pathways and creating a fulfilling, sustainable and responsible career in the music industry!
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS PROGRAMME?
- 12 expert-led, weekly sessions, packed with practical insights and insider knowledge that will help you take your music industry career to the next level.
- 6 months of follow-on support with personalised mentorship to help you navigate your unique career path and make informed decisions along the way.
- The opportunity to give your CV a boost and stand out from the crowd with new skills and valuable experience in areas such as teamwork, project management and event planning.
- A chance to showcase your creativity and gain hands-on experience by running your own creative project with support, guidance and funding from True Cadence and our experienced mentors.
- Access to exclusive music industry opportunities and tailored support to help you land your dream job or project.
- A chance to connect with like-minded peers and industry professionals through peer mentoring, group discussions, and networking events.
- An end-of-programme event and receive a True Cadence certificate of completion in recognition of your achievements and success.
IS THIS PROGRAMME RIGHT FOR ME?
You should have a passion for music and be interested in pursuing a career in the music industry. To get the most out of the programme, you must be able to fully commit and engage. If you are aged 16-25, living, working, or studying in East London, or if you are currently not in Education, Employment, or Training (NEET), our Music Industry Masterclass may be the perfect opportunity for you to upskill and explore new career paths.
- Develop an understanding of various career pathways within the music industry, including publishing, distribution, marketing, networking, intellectual property, monetisation, and more.
- Gain practical experience and develop project management skills through hands-on opportunities, improving employability skills.
- Foster positive attitudes towards learning and personal growth
- Reduce the likelihood of learners engaging in antisocial behaviour
- Enhance the confidence and overall ability of participants to pursue a career in the music industry
- Acquire knowledge of the business side of the industry and learn strategies to succeed in a highly competitive field.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS PROGRAMME COST?
Cost For Individuals
Our Music Industry Masterclass is available to everyone, regardless of employment or educational status. Thanks to our generous sponsors, we are able to offer our programmes for free to all funded/sponsored participants. If you would like to take part in the programme but are not eligible for funded spaces, you can still opt to pay for it. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact us—we would be delighted to help.
Cost For Organisations
For organisations with private learners, we offer flexible programmes that can be tailored to fit budgets while maintaining the high quality of our course content. Please do contact us to discuss your requirements and customise the course content to meet your specific needs.
WHY LEARN WITH TRUE CADENCE?
True Cadence was founded by a young person, for young people. Our team’s diverse backgrounds enable us to understand the unique challenges that young people face every day in the music industry. We co-design our programs with our learners, so we can create teachings and support that are relevant and tailored to their needs. We’re not just a group of people with an idea, we are lived-experience leaders and industry professionals who live and breathe music.
As creatives ourselves, we are passionate about learning and finding new ways to support our young people in all aspects of their music careers. Our various facilitators are relatable, approachable, and provide in-depth industry knowledge and activities in an engaging, relatable, and impactful way for our learners. We are proud to support our local community and the young talent within it, as we come from the same community as our beneficiaries.
HOW CAN I BOOK A FREE SLOT ON THIS PROGRAMME?
HEAR FROM ONE OF OUR PAST PARTICIPANTS
“The music industry has so many layers. I never understood what a ‘360 Deal’ was. I learnt from being on a True Cadence programme that a 360 Deal gives a record label the right to benefit from every aspect of your work. Young People like me are constantly taken advantage of. Programmes like this are needed to make sure we can prosper with our talent”- Jay, 18.
The Music Industry Masterclass trailer 2023
CAN I DONATE TOWARDS THIS PROGRAMME?
Donating towards our programmes/activities will allow us to reach more young people and support them when they need it the most. Your support also means that we can provide additional learning, mentoring and employment opportunities so that our young people can continue their development outside of the funded activities.