COAST 2 COAST MASTERCLASS
The TC Coast 2 Coast Masterclass is a songwriting and sound recording programme designed to take beneficiaries from one end of the creative spectrum (songwriting) to the other end. The other end of this spectrum involves having a fully recorded, mixed, mastered, and release-ready EP created collaboratively by the young people on the programme. Guided by talented songwriters and music industry professionals, participants of this programme will engage in collaborative songwriting, coming up with their own melodies and, with our support, a release strategy which will include an EP release party.
By the end of this programme, you will have more songs to add to your creative portfolio, build confidence, and learn techniques used by other artists, including their song structures and vocal techniques. Whether you’re a rapper, vocalist, producer, sound engineer, there’s a place for you on this project, either in music production or performance.
INCLUDED IN THIS PROGRAMME
- Collaborative songwriting and networking opportunities
- Talent exposure through music promotion
- Peer mentoring and group discussions
- Tailored additional 1:1 support
- Mentoring from a music industry professional
- Access to music industry and networking events
- Live performance opportunities at various venues
- Chance to shoot a music video with your peers
- End of programme celebration and TC Certificate
IS THIS PROGRAMME RIGHT FOR ME?
- Passionate about music as a recording artist/songwriter/producer
- Interested in having a career in the music industry
- Basic songwriting experience at minimum
- Can commit to the full programme
- Aged 16-25 and living, working or studying in Barking and Dagenham or neighbouring East London boroughs including Newham, Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Waltham Forest.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THIS PROGRAMME?
The cost of the Coast 2 Coast Masterclass varies depending on whether it’s a sponsored or private cohort. Thanks to our generous sponsors’ support, this programme is completely FREE of charge.If booking privately, we’re happy to work with you to tailor the output according to your budget without compromising on quality.
WHY LEARN WITH US?
True Cadence was founded by a young person, for young people. Our programmes are co-designed with beneficiaries to ensure that the teachings are relevant to their needs. We are lived experience leaders and not just a group of people with “a good idea”. We’re creatives, we live and breathe music, and we’re “students of the game”, and this enables us to keep learning and come up with fresh ideas on how to support our young people with all aspects of their music careers. We are from the same community as our beneficiaries, we understand the challenges young people from under-resourced communities face. Our facilitators are relatable and provide uncapped music industry knowledge and activities in a way that is engaging, relatable and impactful to our young people and community.
I AM INTERESTED; WHAT’S NEXT?
To register your interest in joining the next free cohort of this programme, click here
To enquire about booking this course privately for your organisation, contact us
CAN I DONATE TOWARDS THIS PROGRAMME?
Donating towards our programmes/activities will allow us to reach more young people and support them when they need it the most. Your support also means that we can provide additional learning, mentoring and employment opportunities so that our young people can continue their development outside of the funded activities.